Alright guys, so the Super Bowl is right around the corner, which means three things.
1. The Harbaugh family will be busy
2. The commercials will be funny
3. The food will be deliciously fattening and greasy
These are all inevitable things when it comes to the first Sunday in February. However, did you know that the third one doesn’t have to be true?? That’s right! So I’ve taken the time to compile some top-notch recipes that you can make for any Super Bowl party, and they’re super healthy! (I hope Deborah from the Mathematics Department likes these recipes). My first (and probably favorite) is the Fat Free Buffalo Chicken Dip. Here are the ingredients:
*Ranch substitute can be a number of things, essentially it involves the powdered ranch packets and either sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, just mix the two together and you have a healthy ranch alternative.
1. In a saucepan, bring the chicken and buffalo sauce to a boil
2. Reduce heat and add the cream cheese and ranch substitute and mix until smooth
3. Add 1 cup of shredded cheese, stir
4. Place in a 13×9 saucepan and sprinkle the additional 1-cup of shredded cheese on top.
5. Eat with crackers, chips, or celery and enjoy!
Pinterest is also going to be a great help when it comes to finding healthy Super Bowl treats. Below are some of my favorites:
Chef in Training’s Blog also has a great list of healthy alternatives.
So try any of these recipes for healthy alternatives during the big game!
Do you guys have any healthy Super Bowl favorites? What do you like to make for the Super Bowl parties?